Winter Lettuces with Pomegranate Seeds
For the vinaigrette
- 5 Tbs. California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs. minced shallot
- 1 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. agave syrup (or honey)
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. mix of escarole, endive, radicchio and frisée, torn into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- To make shallot vinaigrette: Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk vigorously until emulsiﬁed.
- To prepare salad: Place greens in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds over greens and serve with freshly ground pepper.