Warmed Goat Cheese Salad
- 2 slices Goat Cheese, cut thick and shaped into pucks, approximately 2 ounce each
- 1/4 cup toasted California almonds rough chopped
- 4 tablespoons California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 ounces of Baby Spring Mix or Organic Baby Greens (approx. 2-3 cups or large handfuls)
- 1 Granny Smith or Fuji Apple, cut from core and sliced into thin strips
- 1 Belgian endive, root removed and separated into “spears”
- 3-4 ounces Creamy Orange Dressing
- Prepare the Goat Cheese rounds by pressing the almonds into each side of the rounds.
- Warm the California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil in a small sauté pan over a medium flame. The oil will "shimmy" slightly when becoming hot.
- Carefully place the crusted goat cheese round in the oil.
- Warm each side until the cheese round is visually softened.
- Remove cheese round and prepare the salad greens.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine field lettuce with sliced apples, endive spears and dressing.
- Divide between two plates.
- Transfer warmed crusted goat cheese to the top of the dressed salad greens.
- Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of the warmed oil and enjoy.