Simple Roasted Japanese Sweet Potatoes
We love making these roasted Japanese sweet potatoes as a side for a more savory dinner, like a roast. The potatoes have a natural sweetness to them, but a lighter, starchier texture than your classic sweet potato-plus double the amount of antioxidants. Tossed in Lucini Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil to give them a crispy outside and soft inside, these will have you stopping at “The perfect side dish doesn’t exist…”.
- 4 medium-sized Japanese sweet potatoes
- Enough Lucini Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil to coat all the potatoes well approximately
- 4 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb blend
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut potatoes into large bite-sized chunks
- In a 9 by 13 baking pan, add potatoes and coat with olive oil, add garlic powder, herb blend and toss well.
- Bake for about 90 minutes, flipping halfway through.