Saffron and Prosciutto Risotto
- 2 shallots
- 2 tablespoons California Olive Ranch Olive Oil plus for more drizzling
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp saffron
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto torn into 1 inch pieces
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Heat the chicken stock on low in a medium pot.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large sauté pan. Thinly slice the shallots and cook until they are translucent. About 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and a pinch of salt and cook until rice is translucent, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook, while stirring, until it has almost all has been absorbed. Next, add 2 ladles of the warm chicken stock to the rice. Continue stirring until the rice has absorbed almost all the stock.
- Add in the saffron and two more ladles of stock. Cook while stirring constantly. Repeat this process until all the stock has been absorbed.
- Add in the cup of water, prosciutto, and red pepper flakes, and cook until rice is al dente.
- Turn off the heat and add half of the grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and stir to combine.
- Serve with remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano and a drizzle of California Olive Ranch Olive Oil.