For the steak
- 3 lbs. Idaho potatoes, peeled and large diced
For the bravas sauce
For the Potatoes
- Blanch potatoes in a pot of boiling water until just tender. Drain, cool and reserve.
For the Bravas Sauce
- Place all spices into a small stainless or wooden bowl. Add vinegar. Whisk in California Olive Ranch Arbosana extra virgin olive oil until there is a little more than a paste consistency. Should resemble a thick sauce-like consistency (like hollandaise). Reserve.
- Heat the quart of California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil to 350-365 degrees F in a saucepot large enough to hold the potatoes. In batches, add potatoes to the hot oil either with a basket or strainer, or loose. Fry until golden brown and crisp, approximately 3 minutes. Transfer to a small stainless bowl. Sprinkle with some kosher salt and toss.
- Add a generous spoonful or ladle of sauce and toss to coat. Potatoes should be covered with spices and California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil and be very dark mahogany colored.
- Check seasoning and serve immediately.