Pasta with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- 1-1/2 pounds ripe cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup fresh French bread crumbs
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound penne, fusilli, or farfallini pasta
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Put the tomato halves in a large baking dish that can be brought to the table.
- In a small bowl, combined the garlic, bread crumbs, cheese, salt, and pepper. Spoon evenly over the tomatoes. Spoon the California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil evenly over the mixture.
- Roast the tomatoes for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the mixture is bubbly, browned, and slightly thickened.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta for about 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain well.
- Add the pasta to the tomato mixture in the baking dish. Add the basil and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- Add cooked shredded chicken to the pasta for a more substantial dish.
- Grill shrimp or scallops and place on top of the pasta.
- Refrigerate any leftover pasta and serve chilled the next day, with cold roast chicken, salmon, or halibut.