Orange & Candied Almond Chopped Salad
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup California Almonds, sliced
- 6-8 cups romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced thin
- 1 California Avocado, sliced
- 1 orange, in segments
- 6 tbsp California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- juice of 1 orange
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
For the dressing:
- Put everything into a food processor or blender and mix until will blended. Taste and adjust salt and pepper to your taste if necessary.
- Heat the sugar and almonds in a medium skillet over medium high heat until the sugar starts to melt.
- Mix well, watching until the sugar starts to brown and coats the nuts.
- Remove from heat and pour the nuts onto a piece of foil to cool completely; breaking up as needed.
- Tear the Romaine lettuce into small pieces and combine in a bowl with the candied almonds, dried cranberries and green onion.
- Mound on plates and top with sliced avocado and orange segments.
- Top with the Orange Honey Mustard Dressing.