Olive Oil Tiramisu
Olive oil Tiramisu tastes similar to the beloved classic but with California Olive Ranch 100% CA Olive oil blended right into it as well as drizzled on top it brings you an extra silky texture and a bold, smooth flavor that compliments that of cacao and coffee so perfectly. No baking required, prepare a couple of hours before serving and scoop right out of the dish or serve in individual glasses.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup espresso or strong cup of coffee, cooled
- 1/2 cup sugar + 1 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons 100% California Olive Ranch Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus ore for drizzling
- 8oz mascarpone cheese
- 10 ladyfingers
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add 3 egg yolks (set egg whites to side for later use), 1 tablespoon of the espresso or coffee, sugar, and California Olive Ranch 100% CA Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Mix on medium high for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in mascarpone cheese and mix again for 3 minutes until very smooth
- Transfer mixture to another bowl. Wash stand mixer bowl very well and dry. (Egg whites will not form peaks if there is any egg yolk or oil present)
- To a clean mixing bowl, add in 3 egg whites and a tablespoon of sugar. Mix on high until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in mascarpone mixture until well combined.
- Quickly dip each lady finger in espresso or coffee and layer on bottom of a medium sized serving dish.
- Pour mascarpone mixture over top, dust with cocoa, refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving
- While serving drizzle top with extra California Olive Ranch 100% CA Extra Virgin Olive Oil.