Olive Oil Sauternes Cake
- 5 eggs, separated, plus 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon combined orange, lime, and lemon zest
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Sauternes
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp Lucini® Premium Select Extra Virgin Olive Oil®
- Whip yolks and 1/2 cup sugar until pale, add zest.
- Fold in flour and salt.
- Fold in Sauternes and olive oil.
- Whip whites with remaining 1/4 cup sugar until medium stiff peaks form.
- Fold into egg yolk mixture.
- Butter a spring form pan and line with buttered parchment paper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, then bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes.