Olive Oil and Sour Cream Pound Cake
["Recipe courtesy of<\/em>\u00a0Chrystal Baker<\/a>","Recipe courtesy of<\/em>\u00a0
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 teaspoon to grease the pan
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Powdered sugar, optional
- Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon of California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil into a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan and coat the bottom, sides and edges. Line the pan with parchment paper, trimming the edges as necessary but leaving enough overhang to create ‘handles’ that will make it easy to remove the cake from the pan. Rub the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil along the paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, eggs, sugar, California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice until combined.
- Scrape the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk again until smooth and there are no lumps. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until browned. A cake tester inserted in the middle of the cake should come out clean once it’s finished.
- Allow cake to cool for at least 30 minutes, then carefully lift it out of the pan with the edges of the parchment paper. Cool for another 30 minutes on a cooling rack. Move to a serving plate or cake platter and dust with powdered sugar if desired.