Olive Oil Dough
- 2 3⁄4 cups lukewarm water
- 1 1⁄2 Tbs granulated yeast (2 packets)
- 1 1⁄2 Tbs Kosher salt
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1⁄4 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 6 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- Mix yeast, salt, sugar, and the California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil with water in a 5-quart bowl, or a lidded (not airtight) food container.
- Mix in flour without kneading, using a spoon, and a 14-cup capacity food processor (with dough attachment), or a heavy-duty stand mixer (with dough hook). If you’re not using a machine, you may need to use wet hands to incorporate the last bit of flour.
- Cover (not airtight), and allow to rest at room temperature until dough rises and collapses (or flattens on top), approximately 2 hours.
- The dough can be used immediately after the initial rise, though it is easier to handle when cold. Refrigerate in a lidded (not airtight) container and use over the next 12 days.