Olive Oil Cake with Grand Marnier
["Recipe courtesy of Buttercream Bakehouse<\/a><\/em>","Recipe courtesy of
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbl. lemon emulsion or pure lemon extract
- 1 Tbl orange emulsion or extract
- 3⁄4 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup whole milk
- 3 Tbl. Grand Marnier
- 1 Tbl. baking powder
- Dusting of confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease a 9" cake pan or bundt pan with butter and or spray and sprinkle with granulated sugar until covered well. Alternatively, use baking spray with flour. Set prepared pan aside.
- 2. Beat eggs and sugar together in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until pale yellow, about 1 minute. Add 3 cups flour, lemon extract, California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil, milk and liqueur and fold into egg mixture with a spoon until well combined. Add baking powder and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Bake until cake is a light golden brown but careful not to over-bake. About 40 minutes. Transfer cake to a wire rack to let cool completely, in its pan. Turn out into a serving dish or cake stand and dust heavily with confectioners sugar.