Linguine with Breadcrumbs and Kale
- ½ pound linguine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 slices, day old bread, cubed
- ½ cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- ½ bunch kale, chopped
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Boil pasta according to package in salted pot.
- Process bread in a food processor until it’s about the consistency of coarse cornmeal. Heat ¼ cup oil in a frying pan and add breadcrumbs. Once breadcrumbs are slightly toasted and golden brown, add garlic and continue to stir until well toasted.
- Add kale to frying pan with a little bit of the pasta water and sauté quickly. Toss oil mixture with drained pasta and add salt and pepper to taste. Add the rest of the oil as needed. Mix in Parmesan and serve.