Kale, Apple, Pecan Harvest Salad with Garlic Apple Cider Vinaigrette
My favorite thing about this salad is the combination of textures. Creamy avocado, chewy dried cranberries, crisp apple, and onion with crunchy pecan. It's a perfect example of how different things can work together in harmony and, actually, are all the better for it. Easily dressed with our Garlic Apple Cider Vinaigrette, this salad is fresh, hearty, and colorful all at the same time.
- 1 head of kale (I like curly best, but any kale works well)
- 1 large apple
- Half a purple onion
- 1 medium sized avocado
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup Garlic Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Dash of salt
- Wash and de-stem kale into a large salad bowl.
- Drizzle kale with California Olive Ranch Olive Oil and add a dash of salt.
- Massage kale well.
- Chop apple and onion, and slice avocado. I like to play with size and shape here for variety's sake.
- Add apple, onion, avocado, parmesan, pecans, and cranberries to kale. Toss well.
- Drizzle evenly with Garlic Apple Cider Vinaigrette and gently toss once more.