Grilled Peach & Arugula Salad
For the salad:
- 2 peaches, pit removed and sliced in half
- 1 tsp California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ripe California Avocado
- 4 cups fresh arugula
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced California Almonds
- 2 – 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, torn into pieces
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 shallot, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Heat an indoor or outdoor grill to medium high heat. Brush peach halves with California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil and place on the grill, flat side down for 1 – 2 minutes and then rotate 90 degrees to continue to cook for another 1 – 2 minutes.
- Once grill marks are present, use a pair of tongs and remove the peaches to a cutting board and let cool.
- After the peaches have cooled, slice each half into 3 – 4 wedges.
- Cut avocado in half lengthwise.
- Remove the pit and discard.
- Remove the skin from the avocado and place the avocado flesh onto a cutting board.
- Cut each half of the avocado into six strips.
- Place arugula in a large serving bowl and top with grilled peach wedges, sliced avocado, crumbled goat cheese and sliced almonds.
- To make dressing, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until evenly combined.
- Dress the salad with 1/2 of the vinaigrette and taste. Add more vinaigrette if needed otherwise reserve the remaining vinaigrette for a later use.
- Garnish salad with thinly sliced pieces of prosciutto and serve immediately.