Grilled Garlic Mushroom Kabobs
Fresh Garlic Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 16 grape or cherry tomatoes
- 16 jumbo white mushrooms
- 16 whole cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into 16 pieces with 2 to 3 layers each
- Fine ground sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 8 wooden skewers, pre-soaked
- Preheat the grill to 375 to 400 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, stir together the California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil and 4 garlic cloves. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let sit while you make the kabobs.
- To assemble each kabob, take a wooden skewer and slide on a tomato, a mushroom, a piece of onion and a garlic clove. Follow that with another mushroom, another piece of onion, a garlic clove and another tomato. Repeat for all the kabobs.
- Place the kabobs on a baking sheet and brush with the 1/3 of the California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the kabobs on the grill. Grill for 6 minutes. Brush the kabobs with another 1/3 of the oil. Flip and grill for another 3 to 4 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the kabobs from the grill and place on a serving plate. Brush with the remaining oil and sprinkle with more salt, pepper and the fresh basil before serving.