Garlic Perico Veggie Scramble
When my friend from Venezuela first made me a Perico scramble, I remember being struck by how such simple, household ingredients like tomato and onion can really transform eggs from everyday to something special. The word Perico translates to parakeet in English, and it's believed this dish got its name thanks to its colorful presentation. Sauteed in and topped with California Olive Ranch's Garlic Infused Olive Oil, this scramble is a perfect medley of a few of everyone's favorite flavors.
- 4 large eggs
- Half a small, purple onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup of chopped tomato (I used a mix of red and green here for color)
- 1/2 cup rough chopped sharp cheddar
- 1 tablespoon California Olive Ranch Garlic Infused Olive Oil for sautéing and more
- for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- Warm skillet and Garlic Infused Olive Oil on medium heat.
- Add in chopped onion and tomato, sauté until well cooked, stirring often for about 8 mins.
- In a separate, small bowl, crack eggs and scramble.
- Add eggs and cheese to the skillet, and combine with sautéed onion and tomato.
- Sprinkle on salt and continue scrambling eggs until cooked and cheese has thoroughly melted.
- Serve with your favorite toast and an added drizzle of Garlic Infused Olive Oil.