Fresh Ricotta Crostini
- 1 gallon whole milk
- 4 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 cups manufacturing cream
- ¼ cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons salt
- Mix together all ingredients in a rondeau or non-reactive pot and put on low-med heat
- Stir occasionally to make sure bottom doesn't scorch and to allow the curds to form and rise to the top
- Line a perforated hotel pan with cheesecloth and place over a deep hotel pan. When curds have developed remove pot from heat and pour mixture over the cheesecloth/hotel pan. Allow ricotta to drain for 30 mins.
- Scoop desired amount onto toasted bread, and finish with a generous pour of California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil and chili flakes.