Fig, Roasted Beet and Chevre Salad
Beets and chevre are such a well known, perfect combo and the figgy flavor in here just brings it to the next level. Joined by nutty pepitas and fresh, spicy arugula- this salad is naturally sweet, fruity, complex and earthy. With such flavorful ingredients all you need to dress it is Lucini's Savory Fig Vinegar. This beautiful salad can be served as either a (show-stealing) side or an entire meal if you choose to top it with a protein, like smoked salmon. Plus, just look at those colors!
- 1 5oz container organic arugula
- 3 medium sized beets
- 1/2 cup goat chevre
- 1/4 cup pepitas (raw or toasted both work)
- About 7 fresh figs, I love brown turkish figs here
- 3 tablespoons Lucini's Savory Fig Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425F. Roast whole beets on tray. This will take somewhere between 45-90 mins, depending on the size of the beet. Beet is done when tender all the way through.
- Once beets have cooked and cooled a bit, easily peel them by rubbing skins off under cool, running water.
- Chop beets into large, bite-sized chunks. Cut figs into quarters.
- Toss arugula, beets, chevre, pepitas, and figs in a large salad bowl.
- Drizzle with Lucini's Savory Fig Vinegar and serve immediately.