Fettuccine with Radicchio
- 3 tablespoons California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil , plus extra for drizzling
- 1/4 pound sliced pancetta or bacon, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 heads Chioggia or Treviso radicchio, cored and julienned
- 1 pound dried fettuccine or pappardelle
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese for serving
- In a large skillet, heat the 3 tablespoons California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta or bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the onion, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the onion is soft, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the radicchio and cook, stirring constantly, until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat and salt the water. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Scoop out and reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water and then drain the pasta.
- Pour the pasta into the radicchio mixture, add a little of the pasta water, and stir and toss to incorporate, adding more pasta water as needed to create a nice sauce consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the pasta onto a warmed serving platter, drizzle with California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil , and serve. Pass the cheese at the table.