Fennel and Sausage Soup
- 14 ounces of Italian sausage
- 1 small onion – roughly chopped
- 1 fennel bulb - halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 jar of Lucini Tuscan Marinara Sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 1/3 cup small or medium shell pasta
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- Brown the sausage with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil on medium-high heat in a large pot, about 5 minutes. Once browned remove and set aside.
- Add two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and sauté the fennel and the onion until soft. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add the wine and cook until fennel and onion are browned and caramelized. Add the crushed red pepper and Tuscan Marinara Sauce and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the flavors have melded together.
- Add the chicken stock, browned sausage, and pasta and cook until pasta is al dente. About 8 minutes.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.