- 2 medium eggplants diced
- 37.5 oz. fresh tomato or 1 can cherry tomatoes (with juice)
- 1.5 spring onions or 1 medium size white onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 pint basil leaves
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 1.5 teaspoons Sicilian chili flake
- 1.5 teaspoons oregano
- 2 cups California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Sweat onions and garlic in 1 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil.
- Add eggplant and second cup of California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil cook until eggplant starts to soften.
- Add anchovy, chili, and oregano – cook until anchovy is melted.
- Add tomato and cook until it begins to break down.
- Add basil/.
- Cover and braise in 325 degree oven for one hour.
- Remove from oven, drop temp to 300, and cook, uncovered, for another 30-40 mins.