Cucumber Yogurt Soup with Grilled Shrimp
- 2 lbs. Persian or English cucumbers, halved lengthwise, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup good extra-virgin olive oil, like Arbequina, plus more for serving
- 1 tbsp. chopped dill, plus sprigs for serving
- salt & pepper
- 1/3-1/2 lb. medium fresh shrimp, deveined
- Make the soup: In a blender, purée the cucumbers, yogurt, lemon juice and garlic on medium until smooth. With the blender running, gradually add the 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil until incorporated.
- Transfer to a bowl, stir in the chopped dill, and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, 30 minutes.
- While the soup is chilling, prepare the shrimp: Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- Toss the shrimp in salt, pepper, and extra virgin olive oil to coat. Thread an 8”-inch skewer through the thickest part of 5-6 pieces of shrimp. (If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes before threading so they don’t burn on the grill.)
- Lightly oil the grill or pan, and cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side, until opaque.
- Ladle the chilled soup into bowls and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and dill sprigs. Serve with grilled shrimp skewers.