Cranberry Walnut Pound Cake
["Recipe courtesy of\u00a0Lisa Sheldon,<\/strong>\u00a0Olive Oil Baking<\/a>\u00a0(Turner Publishing, 2007)<\/em>","Recipe courtesy of\u00a0Lisa Sheldon,<\/strong>\u00a0
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup non-fat or low-fat sour cream or yogurt
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts
- ¾ cup fresh cranberries, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously coat a Bundt pan with cooking spray or oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a handheld mixer until light and slightly increased in volume. Add the sugar slowly while continuing to beat. The mixture will become light and fluffy.
- Add the California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil and vanilla extract and beat another 2 minutes. Alternately add the dry ingredients and the sour cream to the batter, beating between additions. Gently fold in the chopped nuts and cranberries. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Then invert the pan onto rack to remove and cool completely.