Cranberry Pesto Crostini
["Recipe courtesy of\u00a0US Cranberry Marketing<\/a><\/em>","Recipe courtesy of\u00a0
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup cranberries, sweetened, dried
- 1 cup fresh Basil, packed
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 24 baguette rounds or crackers
- Goat Cheese, spreadable, or cream cheese
- Capers for garnish, if desired
- Pulse garlic in food processor until finely diced. Add Cranberries, basil, walnuts and red pepper flakes. Pulse until blended but chunky.
- Place mixture in medium bow. Stir in parmesan cheese, parsley and oil until blended.
- Spread 1 teaspoon goat cheese or cream cheese over cracker/baguette and top with 1 tablespoon of the Cranberry pesto mixture.Garnish with capers if desired.