Chocolate Ganache Cake
- ¾ cup butter
- ¼ cup California Olive Ranch Reserve Select Olive Oil or California Olive Ranch Almond Oil
- 7 ounces dark baking chocolate chopped small
- 1 ½ teaspoon instant coffee, dissolved in 1 ½ cups boiling water
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups AP flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder, plus more for dusting
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 7 ounces dark chocolate roughly chopped
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon California Olive Ranch Reserve Select Olive Oil or California Olive Ranch Almond Oil
2-3 hours before making, feed sourdough starter with 150 grams bread flour and 150 grams room temperature water.
Once the starter is ready, put the bread or AP flour in a large mixing bowl and add water. Mix, with your hands, very well until all flour is hydrated. Let sit for at least 30 minutes.
Measure out olive oil, salt, yeast, and sourdough starter in a small bowl. Add to hydrated flour and mix with your hands until all ingredients are fully combined. Dough will be slightly sticky but not too liquidy.
Cover dough with plastic wrap and let sit for 30 minutes.
Remove plastic and stretch and fold dough over itself 3 times. Repeat step #4 and #5 three more times.
After the last stretch and fold, cover dough and let sit 2-3 hours or until at least doubled in size. After it has rested the 2-3 hours, stretch and fold one more time, cover, and store dough in the fridge for 8 hours.
After 8 hours, remove dough from the fridge. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper. Turn dough onto a well floured work surface and using a bench cutter/dough scraper, cut into 6 equal roll size squares. With floured hands, starting on one side of roll, pinch sides together down the middle to create a nice seam. Let sit for 1 hour.
Turn oven to 450°F.
After 1 hour, flour well the seam side and transfer rolls to parchment seam side down. Let rest again for 30 minutes.
Place baking sheet with rolls in the oven and spray water all around the sides of the 0ven for a nice crust. Immediately close the oven door and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a dark golden brown.