California Fish Tacos with Cabbage and Red Pepper Slaw
["Recipe and photo by Maria Desiderata Montana,\u00a0publisher of the award-winning food blog San Diego Food Finds<\/a>\u00a0and author of\u00a0Food Lovers\u2019 Guide to San Diego<\/a>, the San Diego Chef\u2019s Table: Extraordinary Recipes From America\u2019s Finest City<\/a>\u00a0and The Inn at Rancho Santa Fe Cookbook<\/a>.<\/em>","Recipe and photo by Maria Desiderata Montana,\u00a0publisher of the award-winning food blog
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and julienned
- 4 tablespoons California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for coating the grill
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4-6 ounce Alaskan White Cod fillets
- 8 corn tortillas
- In a large bowl combine cabbage and peppers. Add California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano and salt and pepper. Lightly toss and set aside.
- Preheat grill or stovetop grill pan to medium-high heat and brush grill rack with California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil. Grill fish until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes on each side, more or less, depending on thickness. Remove fillets from grill and cut into small sections. (Each 6-ounce fillet will make 2 tacos)
- Place corn tortilla on a plate and fill with a spoon of the green cabbage and red pepper slaw. Top with fish. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.