California Avocado Caesar Salad
["Recipe and photo courtesy\u00a0of California Avocado Commission\u00a0<\/a>\u00a0and Gaby Dalkin of What's Gaby Cooking<\/a><\/em>","Recipe and photo courtesy\u00a0of
- ½ baguette, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 heads romaine lettuce, rinsed, patted dry, wilted outer leaves discarded
- ½ ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded and cubed
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Transfer cubed bread to a parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle the bread with California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with chopped garlic. Using your hands, gently toss the bread to make sure it’s coated with all the California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil and garlic. Bake for 15-20 minutes until they are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Tear the romaine lettuce into bite-sized pieces and add the homemade croutons.
- Pour the California Avocado Caesar dressing on top and toss to combine. Add the remaining avocado and top with cherry tomatoes if desired. Serve immediately.
- In a food processor combine all dressing ingredients and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- *Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.