Arugula and Endive Salad with Shrimp and Meyer Lemon Dressing
For the Meyer lemon vinaigrette:
- 1 Tbl kosher salt
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, pressed through a garlic press
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice
- Zest of one Meyer lemon
- 1/3 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 28 small shrimp (51-60/lb size), about 8 ounces
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 2 tsp California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 2-1/2 ounces arugula (1/2 of a 5 ounce bag)
- 2 medium Belgian endive, sliced crosswise into strips
- 1 avocado
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make the vinaigrette by whisking together the salt, honey, garlic, lemon juice, lemon peel, and California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil.
- Peel and de-vein shrimp. In a small bowl toss shrimp with salt, a couple grinds of pepper and California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil. Place shrimp on a baking sheet lined with tin foil. Bake for 4 or 5 minutes, or until pink and cooked through.
- Toss the salad with about a 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette. Divide salad greens onto four salad plates. Scoop out bits of avocado using a teaspoon and place with shrimp on top of the salad.