Recipe and photo courtesy of Béatrice Peltre of La Tartine Gourmande.
For the vegetables
- 1 vanilla bean, cut open and seeds scraped out
- 2 cups snap peas, or sugar peas
- 16 green asparagus
- 4 leeks, white part only
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Crushed red peppercorns
For the whole soft-cooked eggs
- 4 extra fresh eggs
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Steam the vegetables for 5 minutes and rinse them under cold water; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar with the oil. Add the vanilla seeds, mint, salt and red peppercorns. Serve on top of the warm vegetables.
- Boil water in a pot with the white wine vinegar and a pinch of salt. When the water is boiling, drop the eggs carefully in the water. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and tap them with a knife, holding each in one hand. Remove the shell carefully. Serve on top of the vegetables and sprinkle with red peppercorns. Serve with crusty bread on the side.