Recipe courtesy of Food52
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- kosher salt, for sprinkling
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. smoked sweet paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 ½ tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- ¼ cup marcona almonds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss broccoli florets on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil and a hefty sprinkling of kosher salt. Roast 20 minutes.
- While broccoli is roasting, prepare vinaigrette. Heat ¼ cup of olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat until quite warm (about 2 minutes). Stir in minced garlic and smoked paprika and remove pan from heat. Let stand 10 minutes. Put sherry vinegar and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in paprika oil. Try to leave most of the solids (paprika and garlic) in skillet, if possible.
- After 20 minutes, remove broccoli from oven and toss marcona almonds on top. Drizzle with a few tablespoons of vinaigrette, toss, and serve immediately.