- 6 Tablespoons California Olive Ranch Arbequina extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and chopped fine
- Pinch each of fresh ground black pepper and kosher salt for seasoning
Combine all ingredients except for the oil in a stainless non-reactive bowl.
Whisk to dissolve salt.
Slowly drizzle in olive oil.
Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary.
Serve immediately or store chilled.
Chef's Note: This simple to prepare dressing is a spin on the classic vinaigrette. It goes great with salad, but could also be tossed with baby
carrots and shallots roasting in the oven, or poured over a sauté of spinach and other greens to make a flavorful cooked dish.
It also makes for a wonderful seasoning/marinade for grilled flank steak.