Recipe courtesy of Seriously Simple (Chronicle Books, 2002), by Diane Rossen Worthington. Reprinted with permission from the publisher.
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Honey Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
For the Salad:
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 9 Belgian Endive, cleaned and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola or favorite blue cheese
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients together.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Place the pecans on a baking sheet and toast for 7-10 minutes or until lightly browned and aromatic. Set aside.
- In a salad bowl, combine the endive, pears, and toasted pecans. Sprinkle the cheese over. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- To serve: Drizzle the vinaigrette over all and toss to mix well.
Advance Preparation: This can be made 4 hours ahead, covered and refrigerated.