Recipe courtesy of Food52. Photo by James Ransom
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 6 peeled and seeded Roma tomatoes cut into thin strips
- 1 cup homemade fish stock, purchased seafood stock or clam juice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 pound skinned saltwater fish filets (snapper, sole, halibut, cod), cut into 2-inch chunks
- 16 large peeled and de-veined raw shrimp
- 16 sea scallops
- ½ cup finely shredded fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- Heat oil in a 4-6 quart Dutch oven or sauce pot. Add crushed garlic and sauté on very low heat for about two minutes or until garlic is fragrant but not browned.
- Add tomatoes, stock and wine and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the fish and seafood and simmer for about 5 minutes until just done.
- Stir in parsley and basil and serve immediately.