Recipe courtesy of Gregory Strickland CEC CDM,Executive Chef at Vi, Highlands Ranch, CO
- 6 oz. portion fresh Halibut
- 1-2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 6 yukon gold potatoes
- 12 stalks pencil thin asparagus
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- In small pan, cover fish with extra virgin olive oil while cold. Marinate for at least 20 minutes. You may add aromatics to the extra virgin olive oil as desired. When ready, season fish with sea salt and return to extra virgin olive oil. Bring slowly to temperature until olive oil reaches 175 degrees. Cook over this heat until soft, usually about 20-25 minutes. Carefully remove from olive oil and pat dry. Reserve remainder of olive oil for other cooking.
- Reserve one potato for gaufrettes. Slice remaining potatoes and steam until tender. Mash with sour cream and butter and season to taste. Slice remaining potato on mandoline cross cut and fry in remaining extra virgin olive oil. Season to taste.
- Combine ingredients (asparagus, lemon, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper) for 10 minutes. Grill asparagus over very hot grill for 2-3 minutes. Return to marinade and keep warm until ready to serve.