Recipe from Food52
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, 2 pressed, 3 minced
- Freshly grated lime peel
- 1 Tbl dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 27 oz. salmon fillets
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 2 15 oz. cans black beans
- 1 Tsp cumin
- Small handful cilantro, chopped
- Whisk the olive oil, pressed garlic, lime peel, thyme, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small baking dish. Place the salmon, skin-side down, in the dish. Brush the marinade over the top and sides of fish. Let chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion, celery, tomatoes, jalapenos, and minced garlic. Cook until vegetables are starting to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in black beans and cumin. Reduce heat and cook for about 5 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in cilantro and set aside.
- Spray grill with nonstick spray and heat to medium high. Arrange the salmon on the grill, skin side up and spray skin with nonstick spray. Grill salmon for about 4-5 minutes. Carefully flip over and grill for about 3 more minutes, or until opaque all the way through.
- Serve fish with black beans and dig on in
For more great recipes, visit Food52.com