Recipe developed in partnership with Double R Ranch/Snake River Farms.
For additional grilling recipes visit SnakeRiverFarms.com & TheDoubleRRanch.com.
- 4 each 12 ounce Wood Fire Double R Ranch Rib Eye steaks
- Kosher salt for seasoning steaks prior to grilling
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6-8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb Yukon Gold Potatoes, cut into ¼ inch wide slices
- ¼ cup Everyday Fresh extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices cooked Snake River Farms Hardwood Smoked Bacon, cut into ½ inch sections
- Shallots, peeled and thin sliced into rings
- Pinch Kosher Salt
- Pinch Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 ounce Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Everyday Fresh extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch Kosher salt
- Pinch fresh ground black pepper
For the Steak
Step 1: Combine marinade ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl. Dredge the steaks through marinade, coating well with the oil mixture; store chilled for a minimum of 4 hours, up to 24 hours.
Step 2: Prepare a medium hot wood fire, gas or charcoal fueled grill. Brush grilling surface clean, make sure it is clean and then oil slightly to prevent sticking. Season steaks with salt. Place onto clean hot grill surface and cook for approx. 2 ½ -3 minutes then turn 90 degrees to create cross marks. After another minute, turn steak over and repeat process on second side.
Step 3: Turn steak back onto first side for 2 more minutes, then turn over again and grill for final 2 minutes. Transfer cooked steak to plate, and allow to rest for 4-5 minutes before serving. Slice Rib eye on the bias at a 45’ angle, cutting into 4-5 slices. Plate and serve with Crispy Potatoes and Bacon Vinaigrette.
For the Potatoes
Step 1: Preheat oven to 425 ‘f. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil. Combine the potatoes, EVOO, Smoked Bacon, Shallots and seasoning, mix well and spread out onto baking pan. Place into oven and roast for 15-18 minutes or until potatoes are cooked and crisp. Remove from oven. Transfer potatoes to mixing bowl and dress with Vinaigrette. Serve atop and aside of sliced rib eye steak.