Recipe courtesy of Jason Stoneburner, Executive Chef of Bastille Café & Bar and Stoneburner, Seattle Ingredients
- 1 lb. fusilli or your favorite dried pasta
- ½ cup California Olive Ranch Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Chef Jason recommends Arbequina)
- 1/3 cup toasted pistachios
- 2 each heads of fennel, cut lengthwise ¼-inch thick
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced in thirds
- ¼ tsp. chili flakes
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp. marjoram, chopped
- Ricotta Salata Cheese (available at some groceries and specialty stores) or Parmigiano-Reggiano, to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, add pasta, and cook for one minute less than recommended on the package. Drain and reserve pasta water.
- Combine fennel, garlic, and olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Stir the mixture to ensure even browning. Cook until tender and caramelized, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the pasta to the pan and add reserved pasta water as needed to adjust the moisture. Stir in the nuts, chili flakes, and herbs. Divide the pasta between four bowls. Top with grated ricotta salata. Enjoy!