Recipe developed in partnership with Double R Ranch/Snake River Farms.
For the steak
- 4 Double R Ranch New York steaks (10 ounces each)
- 4 each, small Cedar Planks, soaked in water for 2-4 hours prior to using
- Kosher salt for seasoning steak prior to grilling
- Fresh ground black pepper for seasoning steak prior to grilling
For the Marinade
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4-5 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves only
- 1/2 Tbs crushed red chile flakes
- 1/2 Tbs fennel seed, finely ground
- 6-8 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of 2 lemons
For the Honey Rosemary Sauce
- 2 Tbs honey
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Cooking juices (reserved from steak while resting)
- 1 garlic clove, sliced finely
- Pinch Kosher salt
- Pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Arbequina extra virgin olive oil
- Combine marinade ingredients in mixing bowl. Dredge steaks through marinade, coating well. Marinate chilled up to 24 hours. Prior to grilling, allow to sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Prepare a medium hot gas/charcoal grill. Brush grilling surface clean; oil slightly to prevent sticking. Remove cedar planks from water. Place planks on grilling surface, heating until smoke begins.
- Remove steak from marinade, season with salt and pepper. Place onto grill, cook 2 1/2 minutes per side or until nicely marked. Transfer steak onto plank and finish cooking for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove steak and allow to rest for 4-5 minutes. Reserve any juices released from the steak.
- Prepare vinaigrette; warm honey and rosemary in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Whisk in cider vinegar, seasonings, any reserved cooking juice; slowly whisk in olive oil.
- Slice steaks on bias at a 45 degree angle. Transfer to serving platter; drizzle with Honey Rosemary Sauce.
For additional grilling recipes, please visit their websites at SnakeRiverFarms.com & TheDoubleRRanch.com.