- 15-17 medium garlic cloves (peeled), or to taste
- ½ cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- Coarse salt
- 1 pound orchietti pasta or pasta of your preference
- ¼ cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2-3 squeezes of fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- ¼ tsp. dried red pepper flakes (optional)
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Bring about 5 quarts of water to boil to cook pasta.
Process garlic through a garlic press or, alternatively, mince cloves.
Heat California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes (if using), and one teaspoon of salt in a skillet over very low heat until garlic turns golden or straw-colored, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir garlic frequently to prevent it from browning.
While garlic is cooking, add pasta and 1 ½ teaspoons of salt to boiling water, cooking pasta until al dente. When garlic is cooked, remove pan from heat and add parsley as well as lemon juice, squeezing lemon 2 to 3 times or to taste.
Drain pasta, reserving about ½ cup of the cooking water. Put pasta back in pot. Add garlic and California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil mixture to pasta. Stir to combine, adding some of reserved cooking water to help coat pasta with sauce, if desired. Season with salt to taste.
Serve pasta in large bowls or on plates. Top each serving with a drizzle of California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil and freshly grated Parmesan.