- 1 1/3 cup sugar (white or turbinado)
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill White Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill Brown Rice Flour
- 1 /2 cup Bob's Red Mill Buckwheat Flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup California Olive Ranch's Mild and Buttery Artois Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup milk or dairy free milk alternative (soy, almond or hemp)
- Additional cinnamon and sugar for sprinkling on top
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 TBSP turbinado sugar mixed with 1/4 tsp cinnamon for topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 3 - 5.75"x3.35"x2.25' mini loaf pans or 1 9x5 loaf pan with California Olive Ranch Mild and Buttery Artois Ranch.
Combine oil, egg, vanilla and milk in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet. Mix just until combined. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Evenly sprinkle each loaf with the cinnamon and sugar topping mixture.
Cook for 35-40 minutes for mini loaves, 50-60 minutes for a large loaf or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean with a little bit of gooeyness on it. You can remove it from the pan after it has cooled for about 10 minutes or leave it in the pan and give it as a gift.
Recipe courtesy of Sarena Shasteen The Non Dairy Queen