Combine with Olive Oil Ice Cream for a Coolhaus Ice Cream ‘Sammie.’ Or enjoy the cookies by themselves
Makes about 3 dozen cookies for 18 ice cream sandwiches.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, (light whole wheat preferred)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted, cooled (optional: rough chopped)
On a stand mixer bowl, combine, beating with a paddle on medium speed until light and creamy:
- 1 sticks (1/4 lb) butter, unsalted, room temperature
- 4 oz California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups pure cane granulated sugar
Add one at a time, beating until combined (scraping down sides as needed):
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure lemon extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest, freshly grated and finely chopped
Add the blended dry mixture, mixing until just comes together, being careful not to over-mix.
Scoop 1 tbsp of dough onto a baking sheet, spacing about 2" apart. Gently press dough ball flat using the bottom of a glass or measuring cup.
Bake 8-10 minutes, rotating the sheet pan halfway.
Remove from oven, cool to allow cookies to firm before removing from sheet pan.
Scoop one large scoop of olive oil ice cream onto the bottom of a cooled olive oil-pine nut & rosemary cookie. Top with another cookie, right side up. Enjoy your Sammie!!
Courtesy of Jessica L. Goryl
, Executive Pastry Chef, Coolhaus