Recipe courtesy of Micki Sannar - OliveOilDesserts.com.
- 3 ounces Neufchatel* cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil +1 Tbs
- 1 Tbs pure cane sugar
- 1 cup sifted Bob’s Red Mill Flour (unbleached)
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray mini muffin tins with olive oil baking spray.
- Combine cream cheese, 1/2 COR EVOO, sugar & flour. Mix well until completely combined.
- Divide into 20 equal sized small balls and press into sides and bottom of ungreased miniature muffin tins.
- Combine pecans, egg, brown sugar, vanilla, salt & remaining 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.
Beat until smooth. Divide pecan/egg mixture equally among 20 unbaked tarts.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until pastry is golden brown. Serve warm or cold.