- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch spring-form pan with olive oil, and flour the bottom of the pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, ground cardamom, baking powder and salt. Add the 2 teaspoons orange zest and whisk again.
- In a large bowl, stir together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, olive oil, and 1/4 cup orange juice. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined, with no lumps.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. I suggest you start checking after 30 minutes: you do not want to over bake the cake.
- Cool the cake for 15 minutes and then remove the sides of the pan. Detach from the bottom of the spring-form and place the cake on a large plate. Prick the cake all over with a fork.
- Whisk the syrup ingredients together, and then drizzle the syrup all over the cake. The syrup will seep into all those fork holes you just made.
- Allow to cool, then whisk together the glaze ingredients. Glaze the top of the cake with a knife or off-set spatula and allow 45 minutes or so for it to dry before serving.