- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted
- ¾ cup California Olive Ranch Arbequina extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. ground espresso beans or instant coffee or espresso granules
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, optional
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with olive oil.
In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
Melt chocolate over low heat until smooth- Pour into large bowl. Add to large bowl the extra virgin olive oil, espresso powder/instant coffee-espresso granules, and vanilla. Whisk to blend. Whisk in eggs & sugar into chocolate mixture. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
Pour batter into oiled pan. If using chopped walnuts, sprinkle on top of batter and place pan in the oven.
Bake brownies 35-40 minutes, until top is dry and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Enjoy or refrigerate right away for later enjoyment.
Recipe courtesy of Bacio Catering, Chico, CA