- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup cranberries, sweetened, dried
- 1 cup fresh Basil, packed
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup California Olive Ranch Extra virgin olive oil
- 24 baguette rounds or crackers
- Goat Cheese, spreadable, or cream cheese
- Capers for garnish, if desired
Pulse garlic in food processor until finely diced. Add Cranberries, basil, walnuts and red pepper flakes. Pulse until blended but chunky.
Place mixture in medium bow. Stir in parmesan cheese, parsley and oil until blended.
Spread 1 teaspoon goat cheese or cream cheese over cracker/baguette and top with 1 tablespoon of the Cranberry pesto mixture.Garnish with capers if desired.
Recipe courtesy of US Cranberry Marketing